How Does Your Online Course Works
Each course has its own set of resources and activities, called modules, and is customised in terms of organisation and appearance under different topic headings. Course modules are filled with activities presented in the form of texts, pictures, slides, audio, video, etc… The VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) track your progress including attendance, interaction, quizzes, and assignments . Courses are password-protected so that only enrolled students and teachers can have access.
- You can upload Assignments for teachers to mark. Teachers get an automatic alert when a new assignment arrives. All marks are stored in the VLE grade-book.
- The built-in Chat module is a handy teaching tool for groups of students working with or without the teacher to discuss an issue, or answering questions set by the teacher. The chats are saved and can be reviewed by the teacher at any time.
- The Forum module enables you to have virtual seminars. The teacher provides a text or audiovisual file, which the students respond to, one after another.
- The Glossary is like the database, except you can allow users to rate each other’s contributions.
- The Quiz module offers a wide range of quizzes and tests with which teachers can create revision activities.
The campus navigation is quite intuitive, and there is a help function always available. Your first encounter is when you try to Login for the first time. Once you have logged in, there is a side menu which gives you all the functions you require, just try them out. Your courses are also listed on this menu, select and enter the course. The final item is your course. Now all you have to do is to follow the lessons. To know more about how does your online course work visit the following pages.